Athletic Field Maintenance Services
Request for Proposal
Town of Oxford
Athletic Fields Complex
Pottle Rd – Oxford, Me
Scope of proposed services:
The Town of Oxford wishes to secure professional field/grounds maintenance services for the 2018 season for the Pottle Rd Athletic Fields Complex; baseball field, soccer field and surrounding turf within the complex boundaries. Work will be performed effective immediately upon awarding contract to winning proposal. Site inspection is recommended.
Submission of proposal
Proposals may be sent via mail:
Town of Oxford
BID: Athletic Fields
PO Box 153
Oxford, Me 04270
Or drop off at the Town Office.
Deadline for submission is May 10, 2018 3:00 pm.
Criteria for proposal acceptance
The contract will be awarded to the most qualified and responsible proposal for the most reasonable cost. In order to qualify, a prospective provider must meet the following criteria as it relates to this request for proposal:
- Possess adequate technical knowledge and experience to perform all required services described.
- Proposal submitted must encompasses all requested services.
- Submit narrative detailing experience to perform above requested knowledge, experience and skill.
- Must be able to communicate with the person scheduling the fields use and work around sports activities scheduled on the fields.
- All personnel representing your company and/or working at the athletic complex must not exhibit dangerous or harmful behaviors towards community members including adults and children at the complex.
- The Contractor must provide certificate of Maine’s minimum requirement of Workers Compensation Insurance and Certificate of Liability and Property Damage Insurance coverage.
- All equipment used to perform scope of work, with the exception of irrigation, will be provided by contractor submitting a proposal for consideration and should be able to use the town’s irrigation equipment. Contents of proposal submitted
- Short narrative detailing experience to perform all required services described.
- Breakdown of costs for billable expenses and direct contract costs.
- The proposal shall be signed by an authorized individual or representative of the company including title.
Scope of work – services to provide bid costs
- Mowing, irrigation and fence trimming – Provide labor to mow the interior turf of baseball and soccer fields including areas of turf surrounding the outer perimeter of the athletic fields 2 times per week. String trimmer will be used at fencing both inside and out of baseball and soccer fields. Provide labor to maintain proper irrigation of the fields using the town’s irrigation equipment. Cost will be divided and paid in 6 equal payments.
- Fertilizer, lime, pest and weed control – Provide labor and use appropriate equipment necessary to apply fertilizer (3 times/yr); provide labor and use appropriate equipment necessary to apply lime, pest and weed control products as needed. Cost per occurrence. *
- Soil test – Minimum one per year. Cost per occurrence.
- Grade driveway – Provide all equipment and labor necessary to grade the driveway as requested. Cost per occurrence.
- Slice-seed and Aerate – Provide labor and equipment necessary to properly slice-seed and aerate turf. Cost per occurrence. *
*NOTE: Materials will be provided by the Town of Oxford for seeding, fertilization, lime application, pest and weed control upon request as needed with advance notice.
Questions or further information
Contact Connie Staples, Recreation Director, if any further information is needed.
The Town of Oxford is seeking proposals to repair the metal roof at the Recreation Department Building located at 223 King Street Bids must be received no later than June 14, 2018 at 3:00 PM, at which time bids will be opened.
Bidder will provide the contact information of at least three references for similar work performed as outlined in the Scope of Work.
The contract is to be completed no later than October 31, 2018. Per day late charges will be subtracted from the contract amount for each day the project is not complete after October 31, 2018. The late fee will be $100.00 per calendar day.
The bid shall be submitted in a sealed envelope: (1) addressed to the Town, (2) bearing the name and address of the bidder written on the face of the envelope, and (3) clearly marked “BID”.
Each bid proposal form must give the full business address, business phone, fax, e-mail if available, the contact person of the bidder and be signed by an authorized representative.
The Town of Oxford reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids. The successful bidder shall be selected based on the ability to fulfill the project as described for a cost deemed to be in the best interest of the town.
Questions regarding the project may be directed to:
Butch Asselin, Town Manager
Town of Oxford
PO Box 153
Oxford, Maine 04270
For more information >>>>
Dee Dee will still have Piloxing at 6 PM.
All of the Town of Oxford’s road postings have been lifted as of today. (04/19/2018)
Town of Oxford will be receiving proposed pricing for one (1) Four wheel drive Pick-Up Truck. Specifications are currently available below or may be obtained by request at the Town Office. Contact Zhenya Shevchenko, Superintendent of the Wastewater Treatment Facility @ 207-890-1255. Sealed bids must be submitted to the Town Office by 3:00 pm on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018.
2018.04.02 Oxford Truck Specifications
5:30PM, March 27th, 2018
- CALL TO ORDER
Chairman Peter Laverdiere will preside.
- Executive Session R.S.A. title 1 § 405(6)(A)-Discussion or consideration of the employment, appointment, assignment, duties, promotion, demotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplining, resignation or dismissal of an individual or group of public officials, appointees or employees of the body or agency or the investigation or hearing of charges or complaints against a person or persons.