Town Meeting June 9th, 2018 10:00 AM
Primary Election June 12th, 2018 8AM to 8PM
Town Meeting held at Oxford Elementary – Primary Election held at Oxford Public Safety Building
Board of Selectmen/Assessor: Two positions for 3 year terms
Bowden, James A. Dillingham, Dana N.
Hewey, Samantha A. Hunter, G. Scott
Morse, Shawn W.
Water District Trustee: One position for 3 year term
Candidate: Lowe, Penelope L.
MSAD #17 Director (School Board Member): One position for 3 year term
Candidate: Smith, Gary H.
Hi there from the Oxford Transfer Station!
A big thank you to all of you recycling and doing your part in helping the earth while saving tax dollars!
For those of you that aren’t or know of people that haven’t jumped onto the recycling wagon we need to get you on board! Recycling has declined by 11% in the past year and it is hitting all of us in the wallet….
We would like to put it out there how much the loss of 11% of recycling is affecting our budget and income at the Transfer Station.The loss of 11% of recycling amounts to 124.3 tons of material that we had to pay for through the Trash Compactor at an added cost of about $11,600.00. This same amount of material at an average $150.00 /ton has amounted to $18,600.00 in Lost Revenue. This has effected our Budget by a total of over $30,000.00 in the 2018 year of operation. WE NEED TO RECYCLE BETTER!!! We are literally throwing away money. Please help us to save you money by RECYCLING BETTER.
- Budget Committee meetings 6:00 PM, Oxford Town Office:
- Week 1 – March 27th, 2018 (admin, Insurance, Long Term Dept, Library, Cemeteries, Animal Control, General Assistance)
- Week 2 – April 3rd, 2018 (Police, Highway)
- Week 3 – April 10th, 2018 (Fire, Rescue, Public Safety, Other Agencies)
- Week 4 – April 17th, 2018 (Transfer/Recycle, WWTF, Recreation, Capital Improvement)
- 2017-2018 fiscal year tax bills are due October 25th, 2017 and April 25th, 2018. Select the link below to view the 2017-2018 tax commitment.
- Selectmen’s Meetings are held the First and Third Thursday of each month. A special Selectmen’s meeting will be held April 26, 2018 at 6:30 PM. Click here for Agendas and minutes
- The Town’s Assessor is available from 8:00-3:30 on the first and third Thursday of the each month.
- Planning Board Meetings are scheduled at 6:00 PM on the second Thursday of the month and if needed the forth Thursday.